Service Changes from 7th January 2019 (24, 35 & 121)December 20, 2018 2:39 pm
From Monday 7th January 2019, there will be changes to some services.
Service 24 (Morriston Hospital & Parc Gwernfadog to Swansea City Centre)
This service will be re-routed to once again serve Morriston Hospital following customer feedback, whilst still serving Parc Gwernfadog. From Cwmrhydyceirw, the service will operate up to Morriston Hospital first before returning via Parc Gwernfadog; this will mean that customers for Parc Gwernfadog will need to go to Morriston Hospital first and remain on the bus for the return journey but will create a new link from Morriston Hospital.
Times from Swansea City Centre outbound will remain the same. Most journeys will depart Morriston Hospital at 18 minutes past the hour, reaching Parc Gwernfadog (Rhodfa’r Dryw) at 21 minutes past. From Rhodfa Fadog Roundabout and for the remainder of the inbound journey to Swansea, times will only be 4 minutes later than currently.
Service 35 (Llangyfelach to Swansea City Centre)
In response to customer requests, the first journey of the day currently starting at Brynhyfryd Square at 0840 will now start at Caersalem Cross at 0836. Times throughout will remain the same.
Service 121 (Ystradgynlais to Cilmaengwyn/Penywern Circular)
Due to little usage and to reduce journey times as per customer requests, the service will no longer operate to Cilmaengwyn. From Hodgson’s Road/Graig Newydd, the bus will turn right at the traffic lights to head towards Panteg. As a result of this change, the following improvements will take place:
- The first journey of the day will now be earlier, departing Graig Newydd Lights at 0837 and Allt-y-Grug Estate/Penywern at 0846, in order to better connect with service T6 to Neath and Swansea.
- All journeys, both inbound and outbound, will now enter the Tesco car park to pick up/drop off
- All journeys will now serve Asda
- All outbound journeys will be scheduled to serve Farteg before Asda in comparison to alternating journeys previously
- Arrival and departure times at Ystradgynlais will better suit connections for onward travel towards Neath, Swansea and Brecon, particularly during the morning.
The changes will mean that the bus will run between 9 and 15 minutes earlier from Panteg onwards into Ystradgynlais, depending on the journey. Please see the full timetable for full details.