Neath Service Changes from 2nd September 2019August 8, 2019 8:00 am
From Monday 2nd September 2019, there will be changes to several services in the Neath area.
Service 202 (Neath to Heol Morfa)
- Additional running time will be added to improve punctuality which will result in buses running 1-2 minutes later along the route
- There will be a new journey on school days starting from Lodge Cross at 0737, but this journey will head to Cefn Saeson School in Cimla and will not serve Neath town centre. This replaces the extra 251 journey that previously started at Melyn Park
- There will also be a new journey on school days departing Cefn Saeson School at 1453 and Neath Bus Station at 1503 to Heol Morfa, returning from Heol Morfa to Neath at 1517. This new journey provides a service through the middle of the gap during school times each afternoon
- On most journeys, upon arrival in Neath the bus will continue to Neath Abbey, Skewen (Old Road) and Caewathan as service 204 meaning customers will not need to change buses to travel to places such as Tesco Neath Abbey
- The last departure from Neath will be 1720 due to little to no usage after this time.
Service 204 (Neath to Caewathan)
- Departure times for this service will change. Most journeys will now depart Neath at 17 and 47 minutes past each hour, and from Caewathan at 28 and 58 minutes past each hour
- The first journey of the day will depart from Caewathan at 0820 (0828 on Saturdays and school holidays) arriving in Neath at 0843; this will provide a bus arriving before 9am to better suit local traders and parents taking pupils to school
- There will be a shorter gap in service on school day afternoons, meaning more convenient times for parents to travel to and from Neath to pick up school pupils
- On most journeys, upon arrival in Neath the bus will continue to Melin, Briton Ferry and Heol Morfa as service 202 meaning customers will not need to change buses to travel to places such as Castle Bingo
- The last journey of the day from Neath will be later at 1750, better suiting local traders
- There will not be a departure from Neath at 1317 or Caewathan at 1328.
Service 251 (Neath to Cefn Saeson/Ridgewood Gardens)
- Journeys from Melin to and from Cefn Saeson School will change; these journeys will start and finish at Castle Bingo, not serving Melyn Park. Melyn Park and Old Road will be served by a new journey on service 202 instead
- Due to inconsiderate parking on Trevallen Avenue at school times near Crynallt Primary, the 0835 journey from Neath will be scheduled to run direct up Cimla Road between The Hollins and Cefn Saeson on school days. Customers for the estate should alight on the return journey
- Following customer requests, most Neath-bound journeys during the daytime will run along Beechwood Avenue and Dyfed Road
- Following customer requests, the first journey of the day from Cefn Saeson to Neath will depart Cefn Saeson 5 minutes earlier at 0720, arriving in Neath at 0731. This is to provide better connections for customers travelling onwards to other areas. This journey will now only operate on weekdays, however.
Service 252 (Neath to Westernmoor)
- The school day journey from Stockhams Corner to Cefn Saeson School will run 5 minutes earlier, departing Stockhams Corner at 0754
- On school days, the first journey from Westernmoor to Neath will 4 minutes earlier, departing Pine Grove at 0812, and will have additional running time to improve punctuality arriving in Neath.